If you’re interested in a career at Neato Robotics, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Always wanted to be part of Silicon Valley’s booming tech environment? Here’s your opportunity. Neato Robotics is looking to expand its team with top-notch talent. Located less than 30 minutes from downtown San Jose and close to San Francisco, you get the best of both worlds—amazing California weather and an exciting creative work environment. Neato offers competitive salaries and benefits, so apply today. Together, we’ll build tomorrow’s technology.
As part of the Software R&D team, you’ll be working on Neato’s intelligent autonomous robots. You will be working with expert robotics SW engineers, embedded software engineers, and control system engineers. The autonomous robots that you help develop will be used and appreciated by millions of consumers.
Neato is a fast growing developer and manufacturer of intelligent autonomous robotic floor cleaning products for the consumer market. Neato has a world-wide customer base, and global partners. Neato’s robots will continue to improve people’s lives through increasingly sophisticated versions of the platform as well as variations on the functionality that will be designed to penetrate a number of potential markets.
You will be expected to release new versions of software for customer consumption and production floor update every 6 months. You will be responsible for feature enhancements and bug fixes for these releases. You will be expected to root cause and fix system level performance and reliability problems in all layers of the robot code. You will also be responsible for making and releasing any correlating changes in robot manufacturing test code. You will report to the Director of Software, and will work closely with the EE team, the ME team, the QA team and the manufacturing team.
The ideal candidate must have a high degree of initiative, and display excellent diagnostic skills. A candidate for this position must work well with QA, marketing, and manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Work with marketing and QA to derive specifications for each 6 month release cycle
- Diagnose the root cause of existing problems
- Design and code fixes and enhancements for each 6 month release cycle
- Fix existing problems and port the fixes forward and backward into other robot models
- Update and release Manufacturing test code to conform to latest robot releases
- Participate in code reviews and design reviews
The Ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent Diagnostic skills with both hardware issues and real-time software issues
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in developing on a Linux platform
- Experience in developing on a Windows platform
- Experience in writing in C#
- Experience in debugging real-time systems
- A passion for working with robots
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience.
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded applications.
- 2+ years developing/debugging ‘C’ and ‘C++’ code
- Experience in structured software development process
Please send your resume with “Robotics SW Engineer” in the subject line to: email@example.com