R&D Test Engineer
Be part of the robotics revolution.
Neato Robotics changes lives by giving people more time to spend on the things they love. We’re at the forefront of the robots-in-the-home revolution to free people from household chores.
The environment is fast-paced, close-knit, emphasizes freedom, and we boast an established track record of success. Neatonians are committed to innovation. You’ll have the opportunity to directly impact the company profoundly as a part of our growing team.
As a core part of the company strategy, we hire world class talent. Join Neato in building the future of home robotics.
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics, please visit our website at www.neatorobotics.com
- Design and perform tests to validate functionality of sensors, motors, mechanisms, navigation, mobility, etc.
- Manage and maintain cleaning test lab
- Perform IEC standard test procedures to validate cleaning performance
- Support mechanical engineering staff with rework, prototyping, experimentation, testing, and part design, as needed
- Participate in brainstorms, generate ideas for product improvement, analyze competitive products
- Use high speed camera and other instruments to perform root cause analysis on pre-production and production issues
- Analyze, summarize, document, and present test results from experiments to the team
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in (Mechanical or Robotics Engineering degree preferred)
- Experience working with large data sets, able to analyze and efficiently diagnosis and troubleshoot data discrepancies
- Ability to create test plans, determine test configurations, and assist R&D team in product development
- Proficient in authoring engineering reports from test data and drawing conclusions
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent verbal, written and graphical communication skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex technical concepts
- High attention to detail
- Must be proactive, highly motivated, and self-driven
- Experience in robotics/mechatronics/motion control is highly desirable
- Experience with Arduino hardware/ software or other micro controllers is highly desirable
- Experience in Creo Parametric or ProE Wildfire 5.0
- Familiar with typical product life cycles and documentation discipline
- Familiar with IEC test spec and procedures
- Mechanically minded and can contribute ideas on how to improve product performance
- Background in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or manufacturing engineering
- Self-driven with minimal supervision and experienced with working in cross-functional environment
- Experience with prototyping simple circuitry and designing PCBAs desirable
- Proficiency in machine shop, with lathe, mill, CNC, and hand tools is a plus
- Experience with Python, C++, C, labview, matlab programming desirable
- Experience working in linux-based systems (e.g. to utilize cameras, interface to the robot through the API, parse incoming serial data streams, and incorporate new potential sensors)