Senior Human Resources Generalist
Want to be a part of something revolutionary? Neato Robotics is a consumer product robotics organization with an emphasis on innovation and empowerment of our team members. Here is your chance to join our team and make an impact.
We are looking for a talented Senior HR Generalist to join our growing Newark, California based team. The HR BP will manage all Human Resource functions; provide support to our Neato Team and keep us within compliance. This position reports to the CFO.
This individual will be responsible for general HR initiatives, and ongoing support to our Neato Team.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries including employee relations and communications.
- Administer employee health, welfare and retirement plans company-wide. Benefit programs include: 401 (k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental, short-term disability, long-term disability, workers’ compensation, leave of absence.
- Manage annual benefits renewal with third party broker, and oversee open enrollment communication and process for employees.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Work with benefits broker to resolve monthly billing and COBRA discrepancies with carriers.
- Ensure compliance to labor laws and best practices; ensures plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
- Examples: 401(k) 5500 reporting, ACA reporting, required posting notices, harassment prevention training.
- Main point of contact for all employee immigration cases.
- Revamp company handbook and policies to ensure compliance and to keep up with our changing environment
- Management of the Recruiting function.
- Ensuring headcount budget is considered, post and maintain positions on relevant sites, descriptions are up to date, and offers are extended to qualified personnel in a timely manner.
- Support Recruiter and hiring managers as needed with pre-employment screening, liaise with recruiting agencies, schedule interviews and communicate with candidates.
- Make sure all contractors have a current agreement and budget is approved.
- Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation.
- Employee life-cycle:
- Direct and coordinate all activities related to employee on-boarding and new hire orientation.
- Manage all activities related to employee off-boarding including hosting exit interviews and acting on relevant feedback.
- Employee Engagement:
- Manage annual performance reviews for staff. Update templates, set schedule, provide managers with employee compensation information and budget, follow up to completion.
- Interact with personnel to host stay interviews.
- Develop programs and benefits that will have positive impact on culture.
- Perform compensation analysis (in PayScale) of positions to ensure internal equity and competitive compensation.
- Create total compensation statements for annual distribution.
- Provide headcount, turnover, and exit information to executives.
- Provide management and development training to supervisors.
- Strategic thinker with innovative ideas to elevate this position and must have the experience and ability to see projects through to fruition.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
We are looking for someone who is professional and approachable, with successful experience in areas including:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5-10 + years experience, ideally in a technology company as an HR Generalist .
- Experience with smaller organization and/or start-up environment.
- Exposure to international HR responsibilities.
- HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP) greatly preferred
- Strong CA labor law knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An outgoing personality with exceptional people skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to implement multiple tasks and meet commitments and deadlines.
- High levels of integrity, discretion and dependability required.
- Analytical skills with attention to details
- Positive attitude coupled with the desire to work in a startup environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Self-starter with strong organizational and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Neato Robotics changes lives by giving people more time to spend on the things they love. We’re at the forefront of the robots-in-the-home revolution to free people from household chores.
The environment is fast-paced, close-knit, emphasizes freedom, and we boast an established track record of success. Neatonians are committed to innovation. You’ll have the opportunity to directly impact the company profoundly as a part of our growing team.
As a core part of the company strategy, we hire world class talent. Join Neato in building the future of home robotics.
See our robot in action! – https://youtu.be/riMhfXZfiEU
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics, please visit our website at www.neatorobotics.com