Senior Electrical Engineer - Engineering
Want to be a part of something revolutionary? Neato Robotics is a consumer product robotics organization with an emphasis on innovation and empowerment of our team members. Here is your chance to join our team and make an impact.
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics intends to hire a world class Sr. Electrical Engineer to add to our growing team. This is an opportunity to join a team dedicated to building a significant company in the emerging consumer robotics space.
Come work on Mobile, Connected, IoT, Intelligent, Laser and Embedded technology and move your career forward!
As a Senior Electrical Engineer at Neato Robotics, you will be critical to the creation of leading edge autonomous robot products and technologies. You will have responsibility for the design and development of Neato Robotics products that leverage its core laser distance scanning technology. All issues related to system level design, circuit design, power management, etc. will be within your purview. Neato’s robots will continue to improve people’s lives through more sophisticated versions of the platform as well as extensions designed to address a number of potential markets.
As the key contributor to an existing hand-picked product development team, you will be expected to leverage your knowledge of consumer electronics design and history with suppliers and manufacturers to create world-class products. The challenge will be to design elegant solutions that are robust, low cost, and delightful to customers.
Occasional travel is required for this position. Expected travel time is once per quarter.
• BSEE or MSEE with 5+ years experience in embedded consumer electronics design not including academic projects
• Responsible for architecture and design of platforms including mobile SoCs, DRAM, eMMC, PMICs and sensors
• Experience taking designs from concept to NPI through volume manufacturing
• Strong communication and organization skills, experience working with small cross-functional teams (mechanical, firmware, software, product management)
• Experience with electro-mechanical interfaces, including optical, magnetic, and acoustic sensors, as well as DC motors, motor driver circuits, and PID control
• Knowledge of batteries, battery chargers, switching power supplies, and power system design
• Knowledge of best practices for PCB layouts, especially with respect to EMI, ESD and signal integrity
• Experience designing for off-shore, volume manufacture in terms of both cost and manufacturability
• Experience with Orcad and Allegro
• Good documentation discipline including the ability to manage engineering specifications, author test plans, and maintain BOMs and CAD libraries
• Familiarity with WiFi/BT radios and antennas
• Familiarity with C/C++ for embedded systems
• Working knowledge of Matlab
• Experience and interest in robotics
• Exceptional Communication Skills, verbal, written and presentation
• Similar skills in additional language a plus
• Genuine passion for consumers and consumer electronics products
• Team Player with a winning and positive attitude
• Enthusiasm to explore new and innovative processes, ideas and technique
- Catered lunches daily
- Paid holidays, PTO accrual, & floating personal days off
- Subsidized gym membership
- Top notch medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and some not-so-healthy) snacks and drinks
- Events like Office Olympics, holiday parties, and the best potlucks in the Valley